A 15-member National Sports Council will be headed by world cup winning former Sri Lanka cricket skipper Arjuna Ranatunga.
The cricket legend was appointed as the Chairman of the National Sports Council by the Sports Minister today.
The Committee is tasked with advising the sports minister with regard to improvements to the sports sector.
The new members of the National Sports Council are,
- Arjuna Ranatunga
- Lieutenant General H.L.V.M. Liyanage
- Air Marshall S.K. Pathirane
- Vice Admiral Nishantha Ulagetenna
- Amal Edirisooriya
- Major General Rajitha Ampemohotti
- Dr. Mayya Gunasekera
- Sriyani Kulawangsha
- Attorney-at-Law Ajith Pathirane
- Sunil Jayaweera
- Chrishantha Mendis
- Lasitha Gunaratne
- Nalinda Ilangakoon
- Sudath Chandrasekera
- Sujani Bogollagama (NewsWire)