The Ministry of Energy has held a discussion on further developing the National Fuel Pass system.
Minister Kanchana Wijesekera said a zoom progress review meeting was held with development partners last evening.
The discussion focused on the following 07 key points:
- Option to register fuel requirements for machinery, equipment, and other requirements to be made available within the week with QR
- Single Mobile for multiple vehicles with BRN facility
- Government vehicles to be registered with assigned BRN
- Fuel Card for tourists to be made available at the airport in US Dollars
- Real-time stock monitoring system for fuel stations
- Additional quotas
- Tracing Illegal QRs