The National Fuel Pass system will be implemented islandwide from Tuesday, the 26th of July 2022, Minister of Energy Kanchana Wijesekera said.
Minister Wijesekera said that the National Fuel Pass system will be implemented tomorrow in multiple areas at fuel stations of the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CEYPETCO) and the Lanka Indian Oil Company (LIOC).
He further said that the Last Digit of Number Plate system will be in effect until the 1st of August as an alternative in order to address technical difficulties with the National Fuel Pass system.
Taking to Twitter, the Energy Minister provided 07 key updates pertaining to the National Fuel Pass system.
1) National Fuel Pass will be implemented islandwide from Tuesday 26th July in Multiple locations at CEYPETCO & LIOC. The system will be in place with the Last Digit of Number Plate until the 1st of August.
2) Stations not equipped or having technical difficulties will follow the last digit & fuel quota allocation until the technical issues are rectified. 60% of the locations have already been equipped & tested and will be given a priority in fuel distribution.
3) Request all fuel station owners at CEYPETCO & LIOC to adopt the system immediately & distribution will be strictly enforced to fuel stations with the QR facilities by the 1st of August. We request the public to register with National Fuel Pass & Support the initiative.
4) Options will be given to users to register multiple vehicles with their business registration by the end of the week & to Government institutes to register. Divisional secretaries will be given access to the platform to register generators, gardening equipment & other equipment
5) Police Dept & Divisional secretaries will be given access to register 3 wheelers, allocating each 3 wheeler to one specific fuel station. Ministry of Transport will be given access to register Busses allocating them to depots or fuel stations accordingly.
6) Other services such as Health, Agriculture, Fisheries, Tourism, Industries & service-providing sectors will be given access to the system to register their requirements & allocation of vehicles at fuel stations.
7) From the 1st of August only the QR system quota will be in place & the last digit number plate system & other allocations will be invalid. National Youth Corp & National Youth Council members & volunteers to assist the program at fuel stations for the next 10 days. (NewsWire)