The Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal presented by the President to reappoint the Cabinet sub-committee on Cost of Living.
The proposal has been made in order to recommend policy and practical resolutions to the Cabinet of Ministers to maintain the cost of living at a stable position.
Accordingly, the composition of the Cabinet sub-committee on Cost of Living will be as follows.
- President Gotabaya Rajapaksa – (Chairman)
- Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Minister of Fisheries Douglas Devananda
- Minister of Transport and Highways Bandula Gunawardana
- Minister of Agriculture Mahinda Amaraweera
- Minister of Plantation Industries Ramesh Pathirana
- Minister of Electricity and Power Kanchana Wijesekera
- Minister of Trade, Commerce, and Food Security Nalin Fernando
Furthermore, Cabinet approval was also granted to appoint the Food Security Committee.
The Minister of Trade, Commerce, and Food Security Nalin Fernando has been appointed as the Chair and the committee comprises the Secretaries of the relevant Ministries. (NewsWire)